Friday, June 29, 2012

Question of the Day #3

Time for another Question of the Day! The question is:

Did you have a special object that you slept with? blanket? doll? stuffed animal? Did it have a name? Where did you get it?

I had all of the above. Blanket, doll, and teddy bear (stuffed animal). The relics of my past.



Don't they look cute together?

Let's go from oldest to youngest.


This is my blanket. (I enlarged it to show detail.) It has the abc's on it. They must have wanted me to start learning right away. My grandma gave it to my mom right before I was born, so I guess it's older than me. I had this blanket for a long time. I don't remember much about it, but I do remember loving it.

When I went to find it to get a picture, I smelled it. (I know that's weird, but that's what I do.) It triggered something. It's hard to explain, but I remembered that smell. It's the smell of my blanket.

On to the next item.

My baby doll. I named her little baby. This isn't really her (though some part of me says it is.) She looked just like this, but I had chewed her fingers and toes so it can't really be her. She was my doll for a very long time until one day I lost her and couldn't find her. I should have taken this look alike, but it just wasn't the same.

For a long time I was without a sleeping partner, until my grandma had a garage sale and I found this.


She let me take him home, and he's been mine ever since. His name is Alex. I think I've had him since I was seven. Ever since I've been attached to him. When I was eight, I took him to a photo shoot my mom had me do.


I had short blond hair back then.

As you can see, I really like my bear. Even though I'm older, he still occupies my bed while I sleep.

1 comment:

Cat Royal said...

Oh that is way cute! I especially love the teddy bear!