Friday, July 6, 2012

Fire vs. Water

The Alpine fire is four miles away from my home. Kind of scary. What's even more scary is its burning up my mountains. Fire, you can't do that.

 It looked like harmless clouds at first, but then I looked down. That was no clouds. That was a fire! Burning up the forest. That was not ok.



I went back inside my house, went to my parent's closet, sat down, and cried. I was heart broken. And scared. And angry.

At night, I went outside with a camp chair to watch the flames. I don't know how long I was there. I lost track of time. You do that when you see the mountains burning up. In the nighttime, you can see the flames much easier.


My sister said it looked like a trail of wisps. Wisps are the little blue guys from Brave.


On a side note, my hair looks just like Merida's. Except not the exciting color of fiery orange.

I hoped and prayed for rain. And it came. Two days after the fire started. I was so grateful. I went outside to take pictures. The clouds covered the mountains. It looked like they were sitting on the side.


In a happy mood, I looked around and saw the most beautiful flower I've ever seen. I asked my mom when she got it. Apparently they have been in our yard for many years. 


For a close up (which makes them even more pretty):


And others that looked just like it but different colors:



I was walking around and saw the coolest thing ever. Little beads of water hanging from a branch of a pine tree.


It's amazing when you get close up to nature.

In the end, ladies and gentlemen, water beat fire in an amazing battle for the ownership of the mountains. This has been a good day. A good day indeed.

2 comments:

MikkSolo said...

Great perspective!

Stepper the Mighty said...

I think that if anything in this world could be classified as actually magic, it would be water. It is the most destructive force in the world - yet it's also the thing that gives everything life. Not to mention makes up most of our bodies.

I'm so happy you started a blog, vic! I hope you post often, because I'm always looking for something interesting and entertaining to read.